This morning when I crawled out of bed all the muscles in my shoulders, arms, and back were stiff and sore. I guess moving chairs and tables, hanging poms poms from the ceiling and making 150 cake pops and 75 mini cupcakes was a little more work than I thought.
The Primary Music Awards were a complete success.
Yesterday morning I met the other members of our presidency at the church to hang pom poms (the same idea I used here) and twinkle lights, arrange tables and chairs, and roll out the red carpet.
Then I rushed home, got Audrey some lunch and put her down for her nap and started baking. My kitchen has never been messier. Chocolate melting on the stove, cake baking in the oven, frosting piped in swirls. I made cake pops in three different varieties, and french vanilla mini cupcakes with raspberries on top to compliment the sparkly raspberry drink that we'd be serving.
An hour before everything started I changed my clothes, fixed my hair, and rushed back down to the church to set up the dessert table and finalize everything. We had a lot of our teachers show up as well as the Stake Primary Presidency and a member of the Bishopric.
We gave out oscar themed awards such as "Acheivement in Directing" for the most organized teacher and "Best Animated Feature" to the funniest teacher. The teachers came up and accepted their awards and gave small acceptance speeches that were funny and surprisingly spiritual. We had more than a few teachers get emotional as they talked about the kids in their classes.
At the end we showed a surprise video that we had made of each class saying something nice about their teacher. The clips were hilarious, at one point we filmed the kids singing "I am a Child of God" and hadn't noticed that one little boy pulled his shirt completely over his head. The teachers loved it. We received tons of compliments on the awards and the food.
I love my calling, and I love this ward.
And my dessert table looked pretty awesome if I do say so myself.
10 comments:
It was amazing and you did a great job. I had multiple people tell me how wonderful you are and how amazing the food was. I just told them that I already knew how amazing you were.
I Love You!
What an AWESOME presentation! You truly have a gift Becky! I think Martha Stewart better watch out! I just wish I could put my hand through the picture to pull out one of those little raspberry topped cakes!
WOW!! I am impressed! You certainly have a gift! and I bet the teachers just loved it!! :)
Looks like something out of the movies! No wonder you needed to move into this ward....they need you!
What a super idea to give recognition to the primary teachers and with such a flare.
Now cookies and punch will be pase.
Love, Aunt Eileen - Argentina
Oh I love it!!! I would also love a care package with all the samples please!!!
Just looking at all that work makes me tired for you. :) Beautiful though. Nice job.
Wow Becky! I serve in the stake primary presidency and I am going to tell our ward presidencies about you award night. Good job and the dessert table looked fabulous!! Millie
Mmmm...I'm drooling over here. Your table looked fantastic! And all in one day, I think you're super woman, or super mom more like it. Way to go!
It turned out awesome!! It looks like a magazine photo shoot! So cool!
w.o.w Awesome job. I have been excited to see the pictures. Seriously love all you did!
(Also thanks for such a sweet comment on my blog. I consider you a friend too. It's funny how in Blogland you don't have to meet in order to feel like friends!)
(Did I just capitalize blogland? Like it's a place like Disneyland??)
Post a Comment