Tuesday, August 18, 2009

He was right

Justin says that when he saw me for the first time I was literally glowing, and he immediately knew that I was "the one".
When he told me this after our first few dates, I told him that I was going to need a little more convincing.


and convince me he did.

Last night while we were packing I came across these boxes, and you can plainly see that Justin single-handedly kept the greeting card business going during the two years that we dated.
I even had to pull out my old pink boom box to listen to the mix-tape he'd made me. (is it mix-tape or mixed-tape? Google says 'mix-tape')

our favorite was this one:


we had a fun time last night reading through them all, reminiscing, and laughing and laughing over some of the things that we'd written. It helped remind me that even though things are changing- I'm still loved, and blessed, and lucky.


really lucky.

7 comments:

ASRussell said...

that is so cool that you have kept all of them!!! So awesome, sometimes we need those reminders!

Rhonda said...

Sounds like a perfect way to spend the evening!

Rhonda said...

Oh, and after reading your post yesterday I haven't been able to get rice krispie treats out of my head! I think I'm going to have to make some.

riosfamilyinc said...

How fun! I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one that keeps all the love notes I'm given.

Elizabeth said...

Oh! How sweet! I can't wait to come and help you move!

Ariane said...

You know there are pros and cons to having such a romantic brother. Pros- you get to stay up late blowing up balloons, sneak up to someones house, and fill their car; eat swiss rolls and have sparkling cider with good friends after work, and many others
Cons- you expect all your own boyfriends to be just as romantic

waltandeileen said...

You will always have roses in December with those memory savers.
Love, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen - Argentina