Sunday, August 16, 2009

sugar vs. television

This girly is sick.


not really, really sick. Just an annoying runny stuffy nose which leads to little sleep for her (or her Mom) and makes for some whiney miserable days.



best remedy I could come up with? Rice Krispie Treats.
I felt like such a good Mom as I tried to combat whining and boredom and tried to distract my daughter from her current stuffy situation.

She took one long look at them and decided right away that she didn't like them.
No amount of pleading from me ("they're yummy!") would get her to even take a little bite.



so I gave up and we watched an hour of Max and Ruby


and I tried not to feel bad that my efforts had been rejected



(it helped when she layed her head on my knee)

We did practice our counting while I was measuring rice krispies.

That counts for something right?

3 comments:

caitlin said...

I say it counts. She is so cute! Way to go with being such a good mom, even if she didn't eat them.

Rhonda said...

So sorry she's got the sickies! We've got them here, too, and it's no fun at all. I know it's not funny, but I couldn't help but smile when I read about you trying to convince her they were yummy! :) Ah...two year-olds!

The Henriksons said...

I love Max and Ruby!! Hope she gets to feeling better soon and you get to sleep and some time. Millie