Sunday, June 28, 2009

let it go


Last night there were 30 white balloons in our mudroom.


Justin and I were in charge of giving a lesson in our church today.
The lesson was on forgiveness.
We talked about how to "forgive and forget",
then handed out balloons, and had the kids write something on the balloon that they were having a hard time forgiving.
(it was amazing how many names of little brothers were written on the balloons)


then we went outside and let them go


so much fun.

7 comments:

jadell said...

wonderful idea!! sirah

The Henriksons said...

We used that same story for FHE one night!! And Luke used it to give a talk in primary. Great idea. Millie

Cara said...

That is such an awesome object lesson. You always were such a good teacher in YW. We miss you guys.

Christine said...

Awesome lesson and one we should all think about everyday. Forgive and Forget - but as an adult, it seems harder to so so sometimes.

Minnie said...

That's an awesome idea, I LOVE it!

I'm going to start going to Zurchers every day on my way home from work to buy a white balloon.

caitlin said...

Ooh I really love that idea. It gives me such a good idea for a party!

Walt and Eileen said...

Wow...how blessed your class is! Better way to learn than any words could teach!
We did to forgive and forget about every day, don't we?
Love, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen - Argentina