Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

I'm seeing a lot of people posting pictures of their mothers all over the internet today. I am not going to do that. Firstly, because I am a good daughter (mostly) and know that my mother would not like me to post pictures of her. I have ignored her wishes in the past but today I'll be nice. And secondly, because my Mom is not on Facebook or Instagram. You're much more likely to find her weeding in the garden or cooking in the kitchen than on any form of social media. She does, however, check my blog. Because she is supportive and because it is the only place to see pictures of her grandchildren.

And so, Mom, I just want to take this opportunity to thank you for everything you do for me and my family. Thank you for being a quiet, calming force in my life. Thank you for always reminding me of what is important and helping me keep things in perspective. Thank you for never gossiping or comparing me to others. Thank you for always complimenting and encouraging me. Thank you for showing me in both your words and actions that hard work, honesty and integrity are important. Thank you for your testimony of the gospel. 

Thank you for always setting the bar high, for pushing me and helping me to grow, for being a wonderful example. 

I love you Mom, Happy Mothers Day!

And now, because I know you won't object to this one, here is a picture of a chicken: 


No comments: