Wednesday, February 27, 2013

the goings on

 
Oh my poor neglected blog. I look back at the blog posts I did when Audrey was little and they were so creative! And full of detail! And funny! Man, I was funny! Now I hop on once a month, upload 30 or so pictures, provide some commentary and am gone again. Well, it's something right?
 
 Right?


 
We're coming to the end of our days at ISU. Justin has finished his bachelors degree, received his diploma in the mail, and started his first semester of grad school. Last week he applied for graduation, received his cords for graduating with high honors (yay!) and ordered his cap and gown for the official ceremony in May.
 
 

 
He's applied to 5 graduate schools, mostly doctorate programs, and we should be getting replies back in the next few weeks. Which makes me nervous. All of a sudden moving on and making changes is coming really fast and I get both excited and scared when I think about it.
 
We're doing lots of praying.



 
Other than that, things are normal. I'm cleaning and showing apartments, dealing with tenants, Justin is writing papers and studying late into the night. Somewhere in there we try to fit in dinner together and family home evenings, and occasional trips to get frozen yogurt. The kids are great, Audrey is reading and Davy is starting to talk like crazy. He calls his sister "cha-chee Mae" and says it really fast and it always makes us laugh.





 
 
Valentines Day came and went, Audrey LOVED it.


 
so proud of her Valentines:



 
It keeps snowing which has us all grumbling a little bit and excited for spring.
(Audrey keeps BEGGING me to let her wear dresses to school and I keep telling her she must wear pants and boots as long as there's snow on the ground)



 
And spring means two birthdays, Justin's and Audrey's. Audrey has already requested a ballerina birthday party. We're working on it.
 


 
So, to summarize:
right now- waiting, working, cold
soon- spring, birthdays, wearing dresses, picking grad schools.
 
Yep, that's about it right now.
 


 
 
See you in a month!

1 comment:

al + sar said...

Thanks for your nice comment! Adoption, IVF - any of it, it's all the same feeling of not being able to start a family of your own. And if IVF doesnt work I will for sure be talking to you about the adoption process because I for sure do not want to do IVF again, way too much money, emotional pain, physical pain, anxiety, etc. I dont think I can handle it again! :)