Monday, July 23, 2012

playing catch up

We're half way through the summer here- maybe it's a little more than halfway? Audrey and Justin start school at the end of August so it feels like our summer is rapidly slipping away. It's been a busy one. I've had 5 vacant apartments to get ready, show, and fill this month and it seems like everyday someone's air conditioner is breaking or something else is going wrong.

Also last week something clicked in my brain and I've been working on getting projects done before we move. (ordering prints of pictures, then burning them onto back-up CD's, re-doing Audrey's baby book, finishing making this blog into a book etc. Even something inside me (nesting? the opposite of nesting?) is getting all excited to decorate a new place. I'm working on art for the living room and getting new prints for the kitchen.)

Justin has started his new job as a research assistant. He's studying to take the GRE next month and then will start filling out grad school applications in the fall. I'm excited/nervous/freakingoutalittlebit to see where we'll be living for the next two years at least.

In the meantime we've taken some trips, visited some family, eaten some ice cream, watched some summer storms, played at parks and all the other great things that summer should include.

Here's proof:

We're fans of Mickey Mouse at our house


visiting the waterfall in the canyon in Twin Falls. It's fun to be tourists in your own hometown.

My goodness! My husband is a good looking man.


my new very favorite picture

building a fire to make smore's with Justin's family

Yes, that is plastic packaging on his head. No, he would not let me take it off.




watching a hail storm





a gift for Audrey- a cute cat picture made by my Grandma. I love it!

the back is my favorite part- they used an old campaign poster from when my Great-Grandma ran for state representative.

movie night in a fort



my birthday present from my sister, Beth- the cutest quilt ever!

the power was out one morning so we went out to breakfast

we never eat out so it was big treat for the kids

3 comments:

West Family said...

You really do have the cutest family! I just want to squish your kids they are so cute!!! squish in a good way...:)

Walt and Eileen said...

How great that you're making your blogs into a great family history book.

ba san said...

My Jimmy Choo Bag was bought 2 years ago. Made by blue cloth, my bag is nice and fashionable, which only cost me 150 dollars. The bag has a large content that can bring all the books I will use in a day. Meanwhile, it's so tough that a normal knife can hardly make damage. In the following years after I bought it, I used it carefully, prevented it from any dangerous things because of the friendship between us that existed. That's my Jimmy Choo Handbag, not only a bag but a close friend being with me everyday. Link: www.jimmychoobagssales.com