Frequently I am delighted with my life.
Does that sound like bragging?
On Sunday morning David actually let us sleep a little past his usual 7 am wake-up call. Then Audrey appeared with her messy hair and mis-matched pajamas and climbed into bed with us. She loves doing that. Our bed isn't that big so Justin and I had to cling to our seperate sides as the kids played in the middle but it was a lovely moment. You probably get tired of hearing it, but I continuously marvel that where I thought there would be no children, now there are two. And they complete our family so perfectly and they are healthy, and they are darling. Will I ever be able to look at their faces without sending a silent "thank you" up towards the heavens?
I hope not.
We are not where we thought we'd be by any means. And sometimes (I must admit) I do get a little down about our present situation and how things didn't turn out as we planned. But then there are moments like Sunday morning where it's as if time slows down, and I'm watching my life from an angle that's farther away. Farther away and therefore not as concerned about those small details like where we live or the worries of the job or the long to-do list. From that distance I can see that I've got it good. Husband who loves me, children that I love dearly. Food, shelter, warm beds.
And lately I've had the feeling, (or maybe prompting?) that I should enjoy it more. That times like this, where everything is settled and decided and for the most part calm and quiet, have been few and far between in our short married life. Right now there is no heartbreaking longing for a baby that won't come. There is no anxious looking for a job. There is no uncertainty about the future and frantic worry about money. There is a calm here that I'm beginning to enjoy.
For the next almost two years everything is decided. Justin's school, my job, our location, our purpose. For some that may sound boring but for us it is a welcome change. And something keeps whispering to me to enjoy the quiet while I can. So I will.
I know it may sound repetitive coming from me, but life is good.
Oh so good.
3 comments:
Great post! I feel the same way. Things are going to get hectic as soon as school is done but for the next two years we know where the Lord wants us.
Just what I needed to hear for my life today. Thanks for all your posts. They are wonderful!
Way to go. Joseph Smith said something like: those who give thanks each night for all things, will have eternal life.
This sounds like the Lord wants us to be thankful.
Love, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen - San Salvadort
Post a Comment