have I sufficently explained exactly what we are doing here in our "pocatello home"?
--Justin is going to school to be a teacher. He already has an associates degree so it's just two more years to complete his bachelors. We're still deciding whether or not to go for a masters while we're here. He just completed his first semester and got a 4.0 GPA. (Even a 100% in one of his classes!)
--I am managing a 48 unit apartment complex. Cleaning apartments, showing apartments, filling apartments. Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. Scheduling. Telling tenants to be nice to each other. I've discovered that it's a pretty big job. But it is a job, and will get us through school debt-free.
--Audrey is making friends fast here, there are some little girls that live in the apartments here that she plays with regularly. She's also involved in swimming lessons and there are plans for a ballet class in the fall. (She and I are both pretty excited)
--David is pulling himself up on things and we are afraid that he will follow in his father's footsteps and start running before he even learns to crawl. The crawling is imminent. Let's hope that happens soon. He also pulls his sisters hair and makes a mess in her room when I sit him down there, but he also squeals and kicks whenever she comes in the room- yep, he's crazy about her.
--We're exploring Pocatello. Of course we miss our lovely Boise and it's hard not compare the two but we are finding things here that are great. Firstly, the views! Pocatello has a lot of hilly terrain and we're lucky enough to live up in the highlands. Every time I walk to any other building in our complex I look out at the valley and sigh. We've also found good sushi, great chinese, and the cutest little cupcake shop in Idaho Falls.
In conclusion: We're busy, really busy. And the apartment is small and we miss our friends in Boise. And I have to do my laundry in a laundry room in the basement instead of using my own washer and dryer which are sitting in storage. But it's not all bad, we're working hard and have a clear goal in sight, which helps. People tell us that soon we'll love it here and never want to leave.
So, I try hard not to complain too much under my breath when I trudge up and down the stairs with my basket of clothes.
3 comments:
Sounds like a fun adventure you guys are on!! Enjoy it!!
David is so cute! Look at that face! And I can't believe how big Audrey is getting. Good to hear things are going well for you guys and you are staying busy.
I didn't used to understand why Grama Jane said to me when we came with our little kids: "It's a good thing the Lord made mothers young."
You have the energy to do all those things it takes to raise your young kids.
And you are doing a great job!
Love, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen - San Salvador
Post a Comment