Thursday, December 16, 2010

under his spell



Why didn't someone warn me about newborns?

Someone should have mentioned that they're totally and completely wonderful.
(at least, mine is.)



Someone should have told me that all I would ever want to do is hold him- that laundry, and dishes, and dust would pile up all around me while I stare at his tiny face and that I wouldn't care at all.

(maybe you did warn me- but I didn't believe you.)

I am unable to resist kissing his head twenty thousand times a day. His tiny newborn sighs and squeaks turn me to butter. He smells amazing, his hair and skin are so soft and lovely. I have a hard time letting anyone else hold him. Diaper changes and midnight feedings are a joy because they mean more time to take care of him.



Other things are happening in our lives, I promise they are. Things that should be on the blog. Audrey is the cutest big sister you've ever seen, wanting to hold him and fetching diapers and pacifiers before I can even ask her. She also saw Santa last night and it was kind of a big deal. Justin has picked up extra work, is making big time plans for our family, and has even shaved his beard. (I miss it just a little). I plan on writing about David's birth, which was such an amazing experience, soon before I forget any detail.

But first, for right now the blog may be more quiet than usual- I've got to let some things slide and just stare at his tiny face. I'm sorry, I really don't have a choice.

(consider yourself warned.)

4 comments:

ASRussell said...

oh becky....i am sooooo happy for you! Aren't they just amazing! Take every moment in becuase they grow WAY too fast!

SL&G said...

This post makes me want to hold him! Such a fun time! Enjoy it! Let everything pile up its worth it : )

Julie said...

My 3yo just said, "Oh, look at that cute baby" while we were looking at your blog. So happy for you
Becky and enjoy the journey.

caitlin said...

I don't blame you. I would feel the exact same way. He's darling, and I am so happy for you. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!