Wednesday, November 24, 2010

giving thanks

decorations going to Wendell with us today for my Mom's thanksgiving table

I am thankful.

-for spontaneous tea parties in our big bed with a cute little blonde girl named Audrey.

-for logging on to my blog this morning and finding a lovely surprise. Check out the post below.

-for a husband who is my best friend. Who works hard, worries about us, listens to my thoughts and opinions, plans for our future, and makes awesome french toast.

-for a sweet, tiny baby who will be making his grand entrance into our family soon, and the chance to be the one to carry him these past 8 1/2 months.

-when I hear Justin sing under his breath as he walks around the house, he only does it when he's happy.

-for our great families who continually surprises us with their strength and support, their generosity and love.

-for my Mom's pumpkin pie. (and all the rest of her cooking)

-for nights when Justin and I go to bed and then stay up another hour or more talking and laughing, and telling each other to be quiet because we're going to wake up Audrey.

-for changing leaves, falling snow, bright sunlight and quiet evenings.

-for the moments when Audrey randomly looks up from her coloring book, or her baby doll, or her blocks and says "momma, I love you."

-in short: my husband, my children, my family, my faith, my circumstances
my life.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

caitlin said...

Very well said.

Those pumpkins are the cutest idea ever. I wish I would have thought about doing that, and may have to kife the idea one day :)

Your husband is a doll, how nice of him to hack your blog. (And make you awesome french toast)

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope it's great! xo Caitlin