Tuesday, August 3, 2010

practicing

isn't she gorgeous?

A few nights ago I was holding Audrey in her dark, quiet room and rocking her before bed. Instead of the phrase I usually say ("how's my baby?") I whispered, "how's my girl?". Her head popped up from my shoulder and she looked at me very seriously. "No, my baby" she said then laid her head back on my shoulder. Thoroughly chastised I resumed rubbing her back and corrected, "how's my baby?" And she nodded her head in what I assume was approval. Now I smile everytime I think about how she's still my baby.

5 comments:

mo12miller@gmail.com said...

That is funny. She is beautiful. We are getting excited about everything. YEAH!!!

Rob and Ash said...

She is going to make such a CUTE big sister!!! When do you find out if it's a boy or a girl??

Vip said...

She is going to be the best big sister EVER! The oldest always are.

caitlin said...

Such sweet pictures. It will be fun to see what she thinks of the new baby!

acp08 said...

I agree with Justin...