Tuesday, July 27, 2010

the view from here

21 weeks

"Audrey, it's raining outside."

These words that I whispered in her dark room this morning made her eyes pop open and she struggled to sit up quickly, still a little disoriented and groggy, in her crib. I scooped her up and we flew downstairs to look at the wet pavement outside our living room window. Finally... some change.

The days here are passing slowly, so slowly. Mondays and Tuesdays drag their feet in protest of becoming Thursdays and Fridays and I do everything I can to hurry them along- to no avail. It seems that it is just one hot, sweltering day after another after another.

Until they are not so slow. Suddenly Saturday arrives and we are off- whisked away to family reunions, graduations, road trips, barbeques. After packing and driving and visiting and eating and staying up late, AND THEN adding the necessary busy Sundays that follow- sunday school and sharing time lessons, planning and presidency meetings- our weekends are filled to overflowing. So much so that I almost look forward to the long, slow, barren Monday ahead.


Almost.

I am so anxious for time to pass. So anxious to see trees turning color, and temperatures dropping if only to have some physical verification that time is indeed passing. Right now 100 degree day after 100 degree day falling reluctantly off the calendar seems almost meaningless.

I now count time in months- 4 months until December.

I count time in weeks- 21 weeks down with 19 to go.

and I count time in kicks- little tiny pushes and nudges from deep inside. Sweet little secret messages that remind me...

we're having a baby.

we're having a baby.

we're really having a baby.



and I just can't wait.

7 comments:

jadell said...

again, SUPER excited for you! :)

Vip said...

Another amazing post. You are such a great writer, thats why I married you.

Cara said...

Are you finding out if it's a boy or girl? Hope the second half is easier than the first for you.

Angie said...

Cara read my mind. Boy? Girl? Surprise?
Those little baby kicks are so neat and there's no way to describe it until you experience it. So glad you are experiencing it!

Walt and Eileen said...

When I'm wanting time to pass, I just think: "This will pass." And it always does.
Hang in there...you'll have that new baby in your arms before you can blink.
Love, Aunt Eileen - Burley

The VIPs said...

finding out the sex on August 11!

caitlin said...

K, for real I experienced that 100 degree weather and it nearly killed me! But Boise was beautiful and I loved that huge movie theatre there! (If I were pregnant and hot, I would sit and watch movie and movie in those comfy seats and amazing a.c.!)