Monday, February 15, 2010

our holiday

was full of a lot of the things
you'd expect on valentines day:
chocolates
cards
shopping
presents
dinner out
romantic comedy movie
heart shaped balloons
heart shaped cookies

and we had a few
unexpected events as well:

a scout campout that had Justin in Cascade, ID for most of Friday and Saturday
a sudden onslaught of full sentences from Audrey
("okay, hold onto the balloon tight Dad", "try it Mama" "I bumped my head in the kitchen and I was crying", "no, I don't want to get in the tub", "my tummy's hurting")
a surprise visit from Grandpa Bunn with balloons, stuffed animals and candy for Miss A
a job offer, but for me this time
a sick little girl with a fever and a cough
lots and lots of snuggling on the couch with Audrey and Minnie Mouse and watching old disney cartoons circa 1950
not much sleep
children's tylenol (thank heavens for tylenol!)

I can't say that I mind the 'snuggling with my baby girl and Minnie Mouse' part.

Hope that your Valentines Day was great!

4 comments:

Vip said...

Looks like fun, to bad I have to go to work to pay for your fun. It was awesome having lunch with you today. We may have to do that more often.

Walt and Eileen said...

Sweet note from the one who sweeps you off your feet.
We had a quiet Valentine's Day in the Patagonia area of south Argentina (further south than Australia).
We didn't have access to a store, so I blogged Walt his Valentine, then I hand copied from the 'Net "How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count the Ways" by Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
We love your blogs, and you and your family. Hope Audrey is feeling better.
Love, Aunt Eileen - Argentina for only 3 wks 2 days more

The Hardy Things in Life said...

What a fun weekend, poor miss A!! Hope she gets to feeling better soon!!

caitlin said...

Sounds like it was busy, but a ton of fun. I always love how you write, it makes me excited for holidays and such. You have a great outlook on life.