Sunday, October 25, 2009

scenes from our weekend


Sorry for my absence the past few days. We've been busy. Let me break it down for you.

Justin:



-rode down to Twin with Audrey and I and then
-hitched a ride with his parents to Utah
-camped out in the Lavell Edwards Stadium parking lot all night to get into
-ESPN college game day (he was so excited)
-visited with his family, specifically his sister who he doesn't see often
-watched himself on tv
-attended the rest of the events before the football game
-went to the BYU football game
-drove home, arriving in Twin Falls at 2:30 am
-drove to Boise early in the morning to make it back for church


Becky:


-drove Justin to Twin Falls on Friday and dropped him off at his parents house
then drove to Wendell and spent the day visiting my family. It was good, it's been awhile.
-witnessed my little brother driving his new truck. Wow.
-ate some of my Mom's amazing food including a piece of chocolate-banana-coconut cream pie.
-drove back to Boise in the pouring rain
-welcomed my sister, Beth, who came to visit from Rexburg
-attended a 1st birthday party on Saturday for our good friend's daughter
-did lots and lots of shopping with Beth, bought supplies for the decorations I'm doing for her wedding luncheon
-ate dinner at Applebees with Beth, my brother Jason, my Mom and Audrey
-baked and frosted a couple dozen pumpkin shaped cookies for Audrey to take to church on Sunday
-went to church, was sustained and set apart in my new calling as 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency

Audrey:


-drove to Twin with her Mom and Dad, played on Grandma Vipperman's piano
-went to Wendell to visit Grandma and Grandpa Bunn
-jumped on the trampoline
-sang songs, talked lots and lots on the phone (sometimes to an actual person)
-slept most of the way back to Boise
-went to a birthday party where she decorated a pumpkin, ate lots of M&M's and cake, and hit a pinata
-came back home to play with Grandma while her Mom and Aunt went shopping
-did lots of coloring and played with lots of treats that Grandma brought for her
-went to dinner with her Mom, Grandma, Aunt, and Uncle
-learned the "5 little monkeys jumping on the bed" song and sang it 40 bazillion times
-went to bed
-took her treat bucket to church with her pumpkin cookies inside
-shared them with her class
-took a nap



Thanks to my family for visiting and Justin's family for taking him to Utah.
It was fun, but we're tired. I'm going to bed.

3 comments:

Walt and Eileen said...

I'm sure we didn't have crazy weekends like that when we were that young! (haha)
Sorry the Cougars didn't come through for everyone who made so much effort to go to or see the game. But now's when they need our support even more.
How fun to help plan Beth's wedding luncheon. Decor looks great!
Yes, it will just keep getting better and better as your darling daughter continues to grow up.
Love, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen - Argentina

SL&G said...

Sure was a fun weekend!Can't wait to see how the decorations turn out.

Vip said...

It was a great game and I enjoyed every minute of it even though we lost. Having season tickets growing up made me jaded to BYU football and Cougar Stadium but now that I don't get to go very often I love just being at Levell Edwards Stadium no matter what happens. Thanks for letting me go and have a great weekend with my family. I hate being away from you but it makes that much better when I get home and get to see you again. I am so glad that you all had fun at home while I was gone. With us all being busy it made the weekend go by really fast and it seemed like we were not apart very long. That is always a good thing since I love spending time with my girls. I love you.