Sunday, June 14, 2009

lovin' it

I am the mother of a two year old.

I brush the hair out of her eyes a million times a day.
I wipe her mouth just as often.


30% of everything I touch ends up being sticky.


I laugh and laugh at the things she does and situations she gets herself into.


I find puppy stickers that she got in her Easter basket three months ago stuck to my foot, the coffee table, the kitchen floor, the wall...


and occasionally herself.



I put her down for a nap everday and she takes off her clothes as soon as I'm out of the room.
When I go up to check on her twenty minutes later her shirt, pants, and diaper are lying on the floor in a heap and she's doing a proud little naked victory dance in her crib.


I have to check out in a certain lane every time I go to Fred Meyer because if she sees this truck she will cry and cry and scream "truck! truck! TRUCK!!" all the way out to the car.


I often wonder... if she has a play-room that looks like this:


why my living room always looks like this:


she talks and laughs and plays and dances all day long and wants all of my attention all of the time.



and the other day when I said "I love you" she said "love you" back to me.

I love being the mother of a two year old.

5 comments:

Daniel and Dawn said...

I love your post. i always get a bit teary at the end!! Love to give you the recipe!

Vip said...

You are the mother of a two year old, but I don't understand why my guitar is in there. Are you saying that I am a child as well? I am not so sure about this post now.

Ariane said...

Audrey is growing up! Her hair is getting long. And she is so gosh dang cute!! I can't wait to see her in August. Beautiful post!

Dana said...

it only gets better :)

Walt and Eileen said...

That's true...it only gets better. We loved and still do...each age of our children...and now grandchildren!
We also love nieces, nephews, and their children, and children's children.
F A M I L Y
That's the eternal plan of happiness.
Love, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen