Thursday, May 21, 2009

stickshifts and safety belts


the situation yesterday evening:

3 hours of sleep or less for all of us

up since 4:30 am

been stuck in the car for over 8 hours

45 miles from home in that long stretch of desert between Mountain Home and Boise that goes on F-O-R-E-V-E-R

Audrey miserable with a cough and sore throat

back seat strewn with books, crackers, toys, stuffed dragons, anything to try to keep her happy

me in the passenger seat balancing a portable dvd player, my wallet, paper wrappers, a water bottle

vanilla ice cream, bought to make Audrey's throat feel better, spilt on my black shirt

so tired

so ready to be home and call it a day


what happened:

this song came on the radio

Justin put his hand on my leg and started singing

sang every word to me and looked so handsome and made me laugh

remembered that even with everything else going on I've got it so good

and that we're all in this together

3 comments:

caitlin said...

I love that song! My friend and I would belt it out and car dance every time it came on the radio. Sounds like it was the perfect time to hear it :)

SL&G said...

I love that song!!! And who does it remind me of......JUSTIN! I'm pretty sure hes the one who introduced it to me!

Ariane said...

Great song! Thanks Justin for introducing me to some of the world's greatest music.