
We're experiencing some changes here in the Vipperman household. Today I made chocolate chip cookies without using any butter. (less trans-fat, you know) I saw the recipe and was interested, intrigued. And, after nearly three years of working at the Idaho Statesman, Justin has lost his job there. It's a scary time to be looking for employment but Justin is motivated and we've been blessed. He's made a full time job out of looking for a job. 40 + resumes have been sent out to companies all over Boise and the past few days we've seen the results: e-mails and phone calls have been pouring in. He's putting on his best suit and going to interviews and second interviews and we're starting to narrow down our choices.
I'm not going to lie and say that everything is smooth sailing for us right now. We're a little stressed and anxious. We're fasting and praying. I'm the type of person that likes things the way they are and always have been. I get fearful when there's talk of change. It's scary to think of starting over, adjusting to new schedules, meeting new people, paying our bills, finding health insurance. But we're trying to stay positive. Justin's doing an excellent job, he's always been able to see the bright side. And although we didn't want to be in this position, we're doing our best to see this as a door opening instead of closing- a chance to explore new careers and horizons. And you know what? My cookies turned out awesome, so maybe change isn't such a bad thing after all.
11 comments:
Cookies, without BUTTER? Now I'm intrigued, because you said they taste awesome! Recipe? :-)
You moved to Boise for a reason and there's a reason for this too. Not that it makes it any easier right now. We love you and are praying for you too. And send that cookie recipe this way!
We know Justin will find a job soon. He is a natural salesman and what better to sale than himself. Good luck and know you are in our prayers.
I too would like the cookie recipe.
Millie
Good luck with the changes and the initial feelings of chaos it always brings. I hope he finds something that both provides and he enjoys...soon!!
You have a really good attitude! I'll be praying for you, and I hope everything turns out well.
I´m sorry to read that he lost his job. But with an attitude like his (and yours) I´m sure he will have another one real soon.
I´m keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Take care, Jeannette
Hey, it's letting me leave a comment. It's been a while since I've tried.
Hang in there. I know the Lord will take care of you guys because you have incredible faith. He's blessed you with miracles before and He'll do it again. Let us know if there's anything we can do for you.
We will keep you in our prayers you guys. Let us know if we can help.
You are doing all the right things...Uncle Walt has always said when someone is out of a job, they need to put in the same amount of time looking for a job and as did on the job. Prayer and fasting adds to the promise of success.
We love you and pray for you. Family and friends are always there for you, too.
Love, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen
P.S. We'll watch for the cookie recipe.
We know how scary it can be to lose employment. I'm thankful every day for blessings that come from tithing. We certainly don't have everything we want but we're always (miraculously) able to pay our bills every month. You guys are so awesome and strong-- it will work out for the best! You're in our prayers.
You will have to send me the reciepe for the cookies. I would love to try them. Good luck with the job hunt your guys are in our prayers.
Post a Comment