Friday, May 22, 2009

some thoughts

I'd really like to do some sort of sewing project with my activity day girls
and think this cute apron is simple enough to work:
(also, our big mother/daughter activity is in two weeks and I am stressed)

and speaking of sewing, I'd really like to get better at it so I can make
Audrey a dress like this one:

or how about this one?


aren't they darling?
Mom, you made a lot of my baby clothes, can you teach me?

Finally, thank you all so much for your wonderful comments.
We count ourselves lucky to have such supportive family and friends.
And here is the much-coveted no-butter cookie recipe:

from this cute blog

Signature-Stamped Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 C canola oil (I used vegitable oil)

1 1/2 C brown sugar

2 egg whites

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp vinegar

1 3/4 C flour

1 C mini chips (I used regular)

In a large bowl mix together oil, sugar, and egg whites. Add remaining ingredients. Roll dough into 1" balls, then place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are just barely browned on the edges.

1 comment:

riosfamilyinc said...

I love the apron, I think I need one. And the dresses are cute also. I have been taking lessons from a lady in our old ward and now she is gone for the entire summer. No more sewing for me.