Last night I was in a mood. A mood to get out of the house and shop for something fun, something just for myself. I wanted to go out and be able to take my time to browse and peruse, and not have to hurry, or have flat hair and a stained shirt and a baby on my hip.I told Justin and he was fine with it. (I have such a patient husband)
So, I put Audrey to bed a little early, fluffed my hair, transferred my wallet and car keys from the diaper bag to my purse, kissed Justin and flew out the door. I was on a mission. No kids, no spilling sippy cups, no rushing. Just me, cute spring clothes and my debit card.
Once at the store sans baby and husband and using an actual purse like a regular person I browsed and perused. I even tried a few things on, but didn't find a single thing that was just right.
Until I found myself in the kids section. I spent the rest of the night shopping for Audrey.
I am a Mom. Even when I try not to be.
3 comments:
funny how that happens isn't it. Why do we do that. Pure hearts of gold and never stopping the toughts of them for us works long enough for me time.
Maybe you should go out more often. I don't mind watching the baby ever, we have a great time.
I have the same problem. I end up in the children's clothing and loving every minute of it. Rather strange, I haven't had a baby for a long time? Hmmm?
Post a Comment