Sunday, December 14, 2008

It just keeps snowing and snowing and snowing..

We came home from church today and went upstairs to change and looked out the window to this- apparently our cats ventured out of their little house and our backyard looks like the family circus comic strip

We bundled Audrey up to play in the snow but she wasn't too excited about it. She went this far from the patio only because we made her and was not happy when I tried to get her to touch the snow or throw a snowball at her Dad. She just wanted to go back inside. Justin said "like Mother like Daughter."

And- we had these teriyaki chicken bowls for lunch today. They were a big hit. Even Audrey, who has become a picky eater lately, gobbled it up. I'm posting the recipe here because it is delicious, relatively healthy, quick and easy. Yum!


Teriyaki Chicken Bowls
1/2 C teriyaki marinade
2 tbsp sugar
chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp vegitable oil
hot cooked rice
steamed vegitables
1. Combine teriyaki sauce and sugar in a measuring cup, stirring until sugar dissolves.
2. Remove 3 tbsp of teriyaki mixture and pour over chicken strips in a plastic bag, make sure all chicken is coated and seal bag, let marinate for 15 minutes.
3. Add enough water to the remaining teriyaki mixture to make 2/3 C, blend in cornstarch.
4. Heat oil in a wok or skillet over med-high, add chicken and saute for 5 minutes.
5. Add teriyaki mixture, cook for 1 minute or until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
6. Spoon chicken and sauce over rice, add steamed vegitables.

3 comments:

Vip said...

It was a fun day with the snow and all.

donnaR said...

What a cutie!
I don't venture out into the snow too much either. The first thing I did this year was slip and get snow up my back. Brrr.
Thanks for the recipe I'm going to try it!

ASRussell said...

I remeber madi's first time in the snow...she wasn't too sure about the idea either...but t his year she had a blast!