Friday, November 21, 2008

I am thankful that...

I can be a stay-at-home Mom.
Audrey's hair is a good indicator of what kind of night we had last night. It was a long hard night with lots and lots of holding and rocking and not much sleeping. I am thankful to be able to stay home with her most days but especially when she's not feeling well. I talked with my Mom about this yesterday. I'm so glad that when she needs me to just hold her all day and do whatever I can to make her feel better, that I can do that. I'm glad that my main purpose and focus right now is to take care of my husband and daughter and last night while I was comforting her and letting Justin sleep I felt like I was doing both. And I'm especially thankful after a night like last night that Audrey and I can both grab an afternoon nap.





by the way- keep an eye on my ad, it's cracking me up. A few days ago I mentioned infertility and grief in my post and all of a sudden we were getting ads for living wills and bereavement training. Yesterday I mentioned tylenol and it kept bringing up ads for children's tylenol. Apparently the ads for my site are picked by certain words that I type. So- lets see what happens with these: pretty dresses, cheese, dominoes, snow, mexican food, pottery barn, pottery barn, pottery barn, pasta, apple, flowers, toothpaste.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Sorry to hear Audrey's not feeling well. Hope you both get a great nap this afternoon and she gets feeling better soon.

Ariane said...

I'm thankful to be a stay-at-home mom too! I love being the one who gets to cuddle the sick/uncomfortable/unhappy little one, even if it means I get nothing done or I get no sleep. And I'm thankful for the one who goes to work everyday and makes it possible for me to stay home. We have great husbands!!!

SL&G said...

I love Audrey's Hair! I think she gets the fro from the Vipperman side of the family..hehe. We truly are lucky ladies to be at home with our little ones.

themechams said...

Oh, poor little thing. Give her a hug from me and Mills and the rest of the Mecham crew!