Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I am thankful for...


tiny fingerprints all over my house.

Most people already know this but Justin and I tried unsuccessfully for years to have a baby. After so much frustration and sadness, so many trials and tears I am so thankful to have Audrey. There are many times during every day when I catch myself looking at her, marveling that she's even here, that she's so perfect. It has made the toys all over the living room, the chocolate milk stain on the carpet and the fingerprints on anything and everything a joy instead of an irritation. I am truly trying to follow President Monson's advice to "relish life as we live it, to find joy in the journey".

5 comments:

Vip said...

This is one of your best post yet. I really like this one alot and agree with you whole heartedly.

MaudieV said...

I probably understand this better as a grandmother. After Audrey leaves, I can't seem to clean my mirrors, coffee table, or anything else with fingerprints. They bring joy to my soul.

ASRussell said...

This Post made me cry...I totally know what you mean really had a hard time getting pregnant with madi. So many times we take those little things for granted. You are an amazing mom...I can truly tell!

Angie said...

I love that talk. I've thought about Pres Monson's counsel every time I tackle the mountains of laundry. I know I'll miss it someday.

themechams said...

Oh, Beck, That is so dear. Your mom, maudie has the song 'You're Gonna Miss This' on her blog. It is sooo true. I constantly think about the little things lately and try to just enjoy the time with them.
C