Thursday, November 13, 2008

Could I Be A Published Author?

Most likely not. However, I recently got up the nerve to submit a personal essay to Segullah, which is a jounal published three times annually with writings by LDS women. They recently even came out with a book of a complilation of all their journals, it can be purchased at Deseret Book. The Segullah website is amazing and full of great stories, poems, and essays, check it out:


They were accepting prose for their fall 2009 edition and I won't know if they like my work until about 3 months before they publish. So the nice thing is that if my essay isn't accepted hopefully by then anyone reading will have forgotten all about this so I won't have to explain. However, if it is accepted you better believe I'll let you all know about it.

3 comments:

Chel said...

That's fantastic!! I was turned onto Segullah about two months ago and am putting the finishing touches on a personal essay submission. Keep us informed how it goes!!

ASRussell said...

that is exciting...you'll have to let me know what happens!

Rhonda said...

That would be awesome! Hopefully they love your essay!