Friday, October 10, 2008

Snowy Evening

At this moment Audrey is upstairs asleep in her fuzzy footy pajamas with horses on them, Justin is in the dining room at our computer desk and I am sitting at the coffee table in front of the fireplace. We are both busily working to finish our talks for Sunday on "trials and tribulations". Intimidating. We are both slightly distracted. The ALCS game between Boston and Tampa Bay is playing on the tv with the sound down very low and every once in awhile he turns around to check the score- Boston 1, Tampa Bay 0 in the top of the 8th. My fingers are itching to turn through the pages of the November issue of Martha Stewart Living that Justin brought in from the mailbox a little while ago. And my other distraction is...blogging, obviously.

It's been overcast and chilly all day and this evening it started snowing, enough that it covered our little neighborhood in white and made everything quiet. We got back from dropping an ad off to one of Justin's clients and stopping at Dairy Queen to get ice cream (I know, ice cream in a snow storm isn't right but I was craving a blizzard) and turned on the fireplace which has made the living room all cozy. Audrey was fascinated by it as we got her ready for bed and now the house is quiet and warm and I'm reading the words of prophets in front of a fire. Lovely.

No comments: