Will you look at how darling my kids are?
Holy moly they're cute.
We'd been asking Davy if he was excited to go to school and the answer had been a consistent "Yes!" until just a week or so before school was set to start.
Suddenly his answer became timid. And he would follow a quiet "yeah.." with "I'm going to miss Momma."
I walked him into his class the first morning and he was close by my side as we put his backpack away and found a seat at a little table. He whispered, "Mom, I'm scared." But after a few minutes he said in a shaky trying-to-be-brave voice "You can go Mom."
I stepped out into the hall and stood outside the door for a minute listening for his voice and then walked down the hall wiping away a few tears. My second baby, starting school. I felt the same way with Audrey, it's hard to let go every time.
This time it's odd because there isn't a baby at home with me anymore- the house is quiet while they're gone. Part of me worries that the time in my life of having a baby at home is over- and it feels like it went too fast. I can't be done with that part of my life already can I? Only my Heavenly Father knows.
But whatever the future holds, these two are my greatest blessings and I'm so thankful for the two that I have.







No comments:
Post a Comment