Saturday, January 31, 2015

To: my father in heavn Form: Audrey.


Last night I got David a drink and as I was walking out of his room I saw my daughter quickly put a book down and sneakily lay down in bed.

I knew what book it was. The Boxcar Children. She'd had it with her everywhere for the last week.

I said, "You're supposed to be going to sleep."

And she said, "But I only have one more chapter and I'm done with the whole book!" 

Because I was so delighted with the whole situation I said, "Okay, 10 minutes." And went back downstairs.

10 minutes or so later I heard her get out of bed and turn out her light. So I snuck back upstairs. When I walked into her dark room she rolled over to face me with a big grin on her face and said, "I finished it."

And we did a little happy dance for reading her first real chapter book all by herself and I was so proud of her. And she was so proud of herself.

Goodness I love this sweet girl.

No comments: