Saturday, March 22, 2014

this handsome man's birthday


Every year I throw somewhat big, elaborate parties for the kids. So when Justin's birthday was getting near Audrey began asking him what kind of party he'd like, who he was going to invite etc. I think she was a little disappointed to find out that sometimes grown ups don't really want a big party and this year her Dad just wanted to go to the beach.

Before we left we went to brunch at one of Justin's favorite restaurants here in Portland, Lauretta Jean's.

(I realize Justin's eyes are closed in this picture but look at Davy's face- so happy to be by his Dad)
 
 They make amazing pies and Justin has been loving their chocolate chess pie recently. Although we didn't really have a party I still had to make him some sort of cake or dessert for his birthday so we attempted a chocolate peanut butter chess pie. It. was. to. die. for.


After Audrey was out of school we left the pie behind, loaded up the car and headed to the coast. 




We did all the usual things (fun to have "usual" things at the beach!) we ate at Georgie's of course and visited the aquarium:



and Depoe Bay for whale watching and sweets:


Our last day there we had a beautiful morning but then the afternoon brought a  large storm! We were all excited and watched it with hot chocolate from our hotel room for awhile but then wanted to get out in it a little bit. It was amazing to watch the waves crash against the rocks and blow up spray- one of the best parts of the trip. 




and it's still always a little surreal to come home from a trip and have souvenirs that look like this washed and drying on my windowsill:


Happy Birthday to my darling husband. 
I love you!












1 comment:

JVip said...

Thank you so much! It was a great time with great people. I love you so much and appreciate all that you do for me. Especially not making this over the top.