Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thanksgiving


We were at the beach for Thanksgiving but still wanted to have the traditional feast later when we got home so on Saturday I gave it a shot. It seemed like the perfect no-stress, no-pressure way to try out my skills. 

The night before Audrey helped me make a pumpkin pie:




This pie. Oh this pie. I look forward to this pie all year. It's my Great-Grandma Alice's recipe that's has been passed down from her to my Grandma, to my Mom and now to me. I was nervous to try it but with my Mom's coaching it turned out amazingly. The sweet, mild pumpkin filling + my Mom's own recipe for the flakiest pie crust = best pie ever!

Okay. Enough about that.

The next morning Justin played with the kids with Davy's new birthday present (thanks Mom and Dad!) 



While I got to work in the kitchen. This would be my third attempt at cooking a turkey. I'd failed miserably twice before. I was determined. 


And you know what? I did it!




And then the day after I made another pie. Just because. Just because it's  Thanksgiving and eating two pies completely by ourselves is totally okay.








No comments: