Adjusting to Portland has had it's ups and downs. We love being in a bigger city than Pocatello with all the events, shopping, farmers markets and great restaurants. We love the weather so far- I did NOT miss the 100 degree Idaho summers. Also waking up every morning to fog and driving past buttes covered in fir trees and mist has felt a little magical.
But there have been some downsides- we're out of the Idaho/Utah Mormon "bubble" and have been a little surprised at what a difference that's made- the language, music, and behavior we've sometimes witnessed has been a little shocking. We're doing our best to shield the kids as much as possible and have decided that moving back to Idaho eventually is our goal.
But in the meantime we're exploring and taking advantage of everything Oregon has to offer- which is a lot! It's so pretty here!








1 comment:
Oregon is beautiful, but I know what you mean about the out of the "bubble" shock. We have been there I think 7 times. The first time my husband and I both said, "we could move here." By the 4th or 5th time we never wanted to go back. (That probably mostly had to do with a really rude bus driver I encountered though).
Way to enjoy the positive aspects though.
Post a Comment