We're moving to Portland!
We've studied out and weighed all our options, we've done research, we've planned and prepped and prayed about it. And we feel like this will be the best move for our family. We're moving May 24-25 and Justin will start the history graduate program at Portland State University in the fall.
We're really thankful for the opportunity that we have for Justin to go to graduate school. Most programs are pretty competitive to get in. Also, we're excited for a change of scenery and to continue along this path that we hope will bring security for our family's future in the long run.
So, right now there is a huge stack of empty boxes in our shed that keeps getting smaller and the pile of packed boxes in the corner of our living room keeps slowly getting bigger and bigger. I have exactly 11 lists that I'm constantly checking to make sure that I don't miss anything.
And....
Congratulations to Justin!
He's decided not to walk in his graduation ceremony because technically he graduated back in December (a semester early!) and then was accepted into the graduate program here at ISU and has been working hard already at the graduate level for a semester. He's slightly uncomfortable with the spot light sometimes. So, to commemorate I forced him to put on his cap and gown, his cords FOR GRADUATING WITH HIGH HONORS and his stole for being the PRESIDENT OF PHI ALPHA THETA and take some pictures. In case you couldn't tell, I'm so proud of him.
Also, thank you Justin, for the example that you're setting for our children. Although we both already had associates degrees, I love that you're continuing and getting your BA and masters degree. Education is so important and I love that Audrey and David will remember seeing their Dad work so hard for his and that they'll always have these pictures to look back on.
2 comments:
Yay for you and Justin!! What an amazing accomplishment. Super jealous that you'll be moving to Portland and I'm stuck in the dry desert heat :-) But enjoy the down time while you can and keep up the good work!
Change can be exciting. Hope this new adventure is a good one. Portland is a pretty place.
Post a Comment