so we spent the weekend in Wendell baking/decorating/chatting up a storm in my Mother's kitchen. I loved it. At one point my Mom turned on a CD that had "Mull of Kintyre" playing and when I looked at my Mother and sister and daughter all baking together it made me teary.
By the way, today is my Mom's birthday.
Happy Birthday Mom!
I love you
Then we took a break to go see the new baby horse.
And Audrey asked Uncle Luke if she could ride a horse.
He obliged.
Then Davy had to ride too.
(and he had to borrow Grandpa's hat so he could be a cowboy. He gave it back right after the he got off the horse.)
After both kids had their rides Luke turned to me and said, "you getting up there Becky?" and so...I got on a horse.
And everyone gasped and fainted and took out their phones and started taking pictures.
Apparently it had been awhile since I had been in the saddle.
like 12 or so years.
Although I don't really get into the horses and the ranching as much as my siblings, I am glad that my children will have the chance to experience those things. I love that my kids get to ride horses and feed chickens and help Grandpa in his big garden and make homemade huckleberry jam with Grandma and run around in the safety of my parents large property.
I like that they get a taste of the "country" life that I grew up with.
Thanks for that Mom and Dad.
Davy is still talking about riding a horse with Uncle Luke almost a week later.
While we were partying it up at my parents house Justin was bound for Portland, Oregon to present a paper that he'd written on race at the Phi Alpha Theta Conference.
He did great and his paper was even nominated for an award. Only 15 papers out of 150 were selected so even though he didn't end up winning, it made him feel good.
Just a few days before he left we received a letter in the mail informing Justin that he'd been accepted into the Portland State University history graduate school. We were really excited and this school will be a great fit for what Justin wants to do.
So.... we may be moving to Portland in a little over a month.
It worked out well for Justin to be able to visit the campus and talk with some professors and students while he was there.
I'll keep you posted.
2 comments:
We used to be in the same ward as John. His wife is the photographer I told you about. Small world.
How fun to see you,yourkids, your brother, Luke, and your Dad with the horse.
A big Congratulations to Justin!
Sounds like you may not be in Idaho much longer.
Love, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen
Post a Comment