Wednesday, April 4, 2012

some conference things



conference cantaloupe

Justin taking notes on his phone. Yes, he really was. I checked.


-- I loved General Conference, as always. President Eyring was the President of Rick's College when my Mom was there so she'd always point him out to us when we watched conference at home. Now as I've listened to him speak as an apostle and then a member of the First Presidency, I've found that he is definitely my favorite. He always talks with such emotion and tenderness. It seems to me that he lives so completely within the gospel that he has to literally hold back the spirit to speak to us so as not to be overwhelmed by it. But when his voice cracks and his eyes tear up I can feel it pouring out of him. A few years ago he bore his testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ with tears pouring down his cheeks even though his voice was strong and sure and I thought, "He knows. He knows it for sure." And I felt it. It was one of my favorite spiritual experiences.

-- I used to make cinnamon rolls every conference weekend. From scratch, delicious delightful cinnamon rolls. Not this time. I hope to get back to that soon.

-- Audrey did great this year, watched an hour of conference both on Saturday and Sunday.

-- I've never attended General Conference in person and I really want to. But not right now. I don't want to take kids and be distracted and walk out of the conference center with cracker crumbs in my hair and marker on my skirt and having missed most of the meeting like every other Sunday. I want to wait a few years till the kids are older, leave them with a sitter and have a date with Justin. Cute dress, wonderful inspirational meeting that I can pay attention to, and then dessert afterward. Yep.

1 comment:

JVip said...

It was a great weekend! Conference was excellent and we didn't have to go anywhere.