Wednesday, March 7, 2012

today's his day

This man:


This one right here.

This man decided a year ago that he was going to go back to school to better provide for his family.
And he did.
And he's doing it right.
Each semester he's taking 18 credits. Which is a lot. And he's getting A's.
He's a member of two honor societies.
On top of his more than full load at school, he has a job at the Bannock County Museum.
Plus he's a great father, and plays with his kids every day.
And has gorgeous blue eyes.
And he mows the lawns at the apartment complex that we're managing and misses breakfast on the mornings that he has to shovel the snow.
Sometimes he even does the dishes after dinner.
Right now he's writing a thesis which is amazing.
So amazing that his professors have invited him to present it at the Phi Theta Kappa Northwest Regional Conference in Spokane, Washington in April. It's a big deal. He's one of only 2 students that were invited.
And, they're seriously talking about publishing it.
In doing his research for his thesis at the LDS Church Library Justin was able to meet the director of the Church Library who was so excited about his paper that he let him have access to unprocessed materials that are usually very hard to look at.
And he introduced Justin to the director of the Church History Museum.
And invited him to intern at the Library if we move to Utah.
And offered to introduce him to every professor at the University of Utah in order to help Justin get into grad school.
A few weeks ago one of Justin's professors at ISU offered him a graduate assistantship where he would be able to teach at ISU while getting his master's degree for free and get paid for it. These assistantships are well sought after and hard to get.
And today, it's his birthday.

I don't talk enough on here about Justin and his many accomplishments but if ever there was a day to brag, today is the day. Our future is bright and full of great options mostly because of his determination and consistent hard work. He's a genius (obviously) but there are a lot of late nights writing papers after the kids and I have gone to bed, lots of studying for tests, lots of researching in the library- lots of sacrifice. And I just want him to know, especially today, that I appreciate it.

That I appreciate him.

That I'm so proud of him.

That I love him.

Happy Birthday Justin!

4 comments:

SL&G said...

happy birthday to the greatest brother ever! You are everything that becky just said! Hope you have a great birthday! You deserve it!

Vip said...

Thank you Lyric that is really nice.

Thank you so much Becky this is a great post and I appreciate that you put so much thought into every one of your post. I love you so much.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is amazing!

Walt and Eileen said...

Great tribute! What is the subject of this great thesis?
Love, Los Petersen - Uncle Walt and Aunt Eileen