Monday, February 13, 2012

sappy

according to "Leonardo"s signature in the corner, this photo was taken exactly 8 years ago- our first married Valentines Day

The other day we were driving to the grocery store. And talking, like we always do. And in the middle of everything Justin paused and said, "this is going to sound sappy." And I got a little excited because my husband is a man's man and doesn't say "sappy" things too often. He put his hand on my leg, looked out the windshield and said,"

"I love having the kids and I think they're great but,

all I ever really needed was you."

And I died of happiness a little bit inside. I don't think he realizes it, but when he says things like that- sincere, honest, lovely things- they mean the world to me and I remember them forever. I tried not to make a big deal about it because it would embarrass him if I did.

But I went home that night and wrote it down in my journal.

Happy Valentines Day Justin
I love you!

2 comments:

Vip said...

Well this isn't embarrassing! Thank you so much, I love you. I also love our kids, I was just saying that if we couldn't have had kids or had our life been so bad that we couldn't stand it, All I would need is you. I love you and happy valentines day.

Walt and Eileen said...

Very tender and precious.
And to quote Uncle Walt: "After 50 years of marriage you will love each other even more..."
Love, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen