Thursday, November 11, 2010

the state of things

"It's a bish Mom!" (bish=fish)


she: princess pajamas and fluffy, ratty hair, runny nose, crusty eyes, a cough that keeps both of us up at night. Still bright and happy during the day despite my nose wiping efforts, begs to go outside even though she is sick, coloring lots of pictures, pretending to be a kitty, watching princess movies.

he: sweater vests over shirts and ties, going in to work early, sells like crazy. Learning the guitar, takes care of anything his wife asks him to. Plays hide and seek with Audrey ("you find me Dad!") attends planning meetings for his calling, gets excited about BYU football, misses eating Mexican food, wishes his wife didn't throw up at the thought of a taco.

me: maternity pants and any shirt that still covers my belly (options are limited). swollen feet, swollen hands, large tight belly that gets in the way when I try to wash dishes, make dinner or type at the computer. Craving chinese food, sleeping badly, nervous/excited to meet this baby, making lots of lists with the title "to do before baby comes" then wishing I had the energy to accomplish anything.

2 comments:

Brewer Bunch said...

so cute! I always fall back on my mom's advice when I'm pregnant, "You are busier than 90% of women on the world just by gestating, so you just sit and gestate!" The little things will take care of themselves :). Can't wait to see pics of the new little one :)

(Oh, and I finally took pictures of the house - I'll get them on the blog soon...)

Vip said...

I really like this post. You are the most creative person I know, thats why I married you. I love you!