-that this baby won't be as darling and adorable as Audrey. I mean, really, look at her.
-that my water will break while I'm out in public.
-that I'll swear or scream or cry like a baby or something equally as embarrassing while I'm in labor.
-that Justin will leave me for a more desirable woman- you know, like a woman who can actually reach down and shave her legs or clip her toenails.
-that Audrey won't like her new baby brother.
-that this annoying nausea will never, ever be completely gone.
-that people at church will start to notice that I've been wearing the same dress every single Sunday. So far I'm hoping that the different colored cardigans I've been wearing over it are throwing them off.
-that nursing will totally throw me for a loop and I won't be able to figure out nursing bras and schedules and a hungry baby and a blanket over my shoulder, and that in order to feed my baby I will have to live like a hermit in my house until he is weaned.
-that I will go into labor when my house is filthy and whoever comes over while I'm in the hospital will be shocked and horrified at the state of my bathrooms. You better believe that if this happens I will be scrubbing toilets through my contractions. I will.
7 comments:
dont worry! All your fears will be unfounded. You are a wonderful mom and all the labor, nursing business will come naturally. :)
I can so relate! When I went into labor with Jacee, my oldest, I hurried and cleaned the kitchen and then shaved my legs BEFORE I let John take me to the hospital! Good luck.
You're so cute, and you will do just great!
When I left the Dr.'s office, who had confirmed I was pregnant--with our first--as I passed the many people on the St. Louis sidewalks, I thought: "Well, all these people's mother's must have survived their births, so I guess I will survive too."
And, wall-a here I am 71, mother of 7, g-m of 32, gg-m of 1.
And I was scared with every 7 pregnancies.
What would be weird is if your bathrooms were clean when you've been pregnant.
Love, Aunt Eileen
I think every pregnant woman has irrational fears. I was always afraid Brody wouldn't be as cute as Gregory and he'd be the ugly baby of the family. The funny thing is I can actually see you scrubbing the toilets while you're having contractions.
I'm not leaving! I have some hippie tendencies so the hairy thing doesn't bother me. Lets just not make it a full time thing.
Ha, you're so cute. I'm sure every pregnant woman has these same concerns. You crack me up with your point of view.
I have always been deathly afraid of dressing and undressing babies. Like I might bend them the wrong way. And won't support the head or something.
Post a Comment