Monday, July 12, 2010

so-so


-This morning I ate a bowl of cocoa puffs. Then my black hole stomach demanded another bowl. So I had a bowl of corn flakes that were a little stale but my gigantic appetite didn't mind too much. Then I threw it all up after I got out of the shower.

-Last night I was dragged out of sleep by a very full, very insistent bladder. Twice.

-Yesterday we drove to Gooding for the Vipperman reunion, then to Twin Falls to have dinner, then back to Boise. A total of 5 hours in the car. This morning my feet have been replaced by giant watermelons with toes. You cannot even tell that there are ankles in there somewhere.

-For lunch today I had 8 chicken nuggets, 3 pickles (2 sweet, 1 dill dipped in ranch), 3 mint oreo cookies and the crumbs out of the bottom of the ruffled lays potato chip bag. There were only crumbs left because I polished off most of the bag yesterday and couldn't go buy another because it was Sunday. And how cliche is it that I'm craving pickles? I was hoping to have some obscure, crazy, unique pregnancy food but seriously, every time I open that jar of baby dills I hear the hallejulah chorus.

-And now that I scarfed down the chips and the pickles there is no food in the house but I hate going to the grocery store since I seem to have very strong reactions (good and bad) to every food I see and walking down isles and isles of wall to wall meat and produce and boxed dinners is almost too much for my stomach to handle.

-Every pregnant woman should have a nanny, a personal chef, and a maid. These things should just be covered under your insurance right along with doctor's visitis and presciptions.

-My house is so messy....well, let's not talk about that.


I am so (so, so, SO) thankful for this pregnancy.
.
But I am so (SO!) tired of not being in control of my own body.

And December seems so far away.

4 comments:

SL&G said...

Oh I feel for you! If I was closer I would come be your nanny, chef, and maid. Its got to get better at some point! Lets hope at least:)

caitlin said...

That picture is super funny.

Sorry you aren't feeling your best, but it sounds like your sense of humor is intact.

Enjoy your pickles!

(p.s. I am headed to Boise over the 24th for Bob's bbq competition and the Boise music festival!)

Cara said...

Pregnancy is so hard, but I think we women are lucky to go through it, suffering and all, as an expression of love for our children. I think in a SMALL way it is like the suffering of the atonement that Christ performed out of love for us. Thinking of that helped me endure the hard times a little easier.
And I've decided that a clean house is overrated. I feel productive if I at least get the laundry done these days. :) But wouldn't it be great if insurance did cover a maid, chef and nanny?

What did ya think? said...

Having a clean house is WAY over-rated!!!! It will just get dirty again anyway and if you feed your family they will just get hungry again. Horrible brutal cycle. We should find a way to freeze it when we are preggo.

Live it up while you can, you won't have this excuse for long!