Summer is certainly keeping us busy and when I'm not busy this pregnancy takes up the rest of my time. I just seem to move slower recently, so keeping up on my basic chores has become top priority and blogging has fallen closer to the bottom of my list. So to catch up, here's what's been going on at our house:
-I talk way too much about being pregnant. Seriously, I'm obnoxious. Justin very gently told me the other day that the check out girl at Walmart probably didn't need to know how far along I was.
-Audrey got some new flip flops to wear to our reunion at the beach and thinks she's pretty hot stuff in them. I hate them because they fall off all the time. But look at those chubby toes. Awww.
-Last night Justin went on a 4 mile prep-hike for the 50 mile hike he and his scouts are preparing to go on in August. They're going on a four day qualifying hike next weekend. I am mad at this 50-miler for taking my husband away from me so much.
-Audrey MUST do everything by herself right now. I get yelled at multiple times a day- "Mom, I try! I try!" at which point I must step back and let her stir her own chocolate milk, open the car door, or dress herself as a princess complete with a tiara on backwards:
-We had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and got to hear the baby's heartbeat again. My goodness, that's one of the sweetest sounds I've ever heard.
-Audrey tells me multiple times a day that she has a baby in her tummy too. So funny. Then she asks me if I have to go 'spit it out in the potty' again. Not so funny. Especially when I'm nauseous.
-See? There I go talking about being pregnant again. I can't help it I swear.
-I don't know what these pictures are, probably her father's idea:
(oh, that Lord Cuckoo face gets me every time)
-the weather has gotten warmer and we're enjoying summer but I can't stop thinking about winter...December 8th specifically. (how many mentions was that now? 5 or 6 at least?) I wish time would pass more quickly.
-So does Justin. 'Cause really, I'm obnoxious.
-So does Justin. 'Cause really, I'm obnoxious.
7 comments:
You go right ahead and talk all you want about being pregnant. You desire it!! Millie
One of the rights of pregnancy is to be able to talk about it. Talk it up!! (I was recently informed by my hubby that he doesn't think HE can take another one of my pregnancies... apparently I get pretty hormonal/irritated/obnoxious/sick for the full 9 months of it...) From one "love the results, but have a hard time through the pregnancy part" person to another - talk it up and commiserate all you need to!!
You go girl. Especially when you feel well enough to talk!
Pregnant women are smug! I think that it is so funny that you can find any transition to tell someone that you are pregnant.
Cashier - your total is $19.83
You - All I have is a $20.00
Cashier - Your change is $0.17
You - That is so crazy because I am 17 weeks pregnant.
Cashier - Uh are you going to take your change
Also in my defense, I have been called to Young Mens to help these boys and I have to go on these trips. You don't see a post on my blog about how many meetings the primary presidency has.
I do love you and I hope that I don't miss too much pregnancy talk while I am on the 50 miler and other campouts.
Oh, how I love your slice of life posts.
Brag away! Believe me if men had to be the ones to bring children into this world EVERYONE would hear about it all the time. But with girls we also brag about the wonderful emotional parts of being pregnant.
Women rule.
And yes Justin, we are smug. But that is because we are better than your gender :)
Becky, when you are pregnant you can sit without doing anything and still be productive!
What a touching, precious essay your husband wrote for you on your birthday!
We're so happy for this second baby joining your eternal family on December 8, 2010.
Love, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen
Post a Comment