Tuesday, June 22, 2010

scenes from our weekend


We drove to my parents house for the weekend and Audrey, as always,
was in heaven the entire time-

they had a wading pool set up for her


there was a parade with fire trucks, horses, and lots of candy

coloring on the porch

and lots of great, garden fresh food.


And... to the two very different fathers in my life:

My Dad: hard-working, tractor driving, terrific gardening, responsible always, serious at times, philosophical, great example, generous, and loving Grandpa who buys Audrey THREE (almost four!) rides on the mini train despite my protests...

And Justin: cargo shorts and tempura sushi, fun-loving, work hard = play hard, devoted to his church calling, plays with Audrey always, makes me laugh till I can't breathe, great salesman, picks up the slack for his pregnant wife, sports-obsessed and still wears those darn tie-dyed shirts despite my protests...

I love you both so much and you've made my life,
and my daughter's life better in every way.

Happy Fathers Day!!

4 comments:

Vip said...

What an unexpected post. I thank you so much. You are amazing and I love you. It isn't hard to be all of those things with a wife like you.

Sammee said...

Yay for Dairy Days! Looks like you guys had a fun weekend :)

Elizabeth said...

You described Dad to a TEE!! :)Love it! Wish we were there!

caitlin said...

What a sweet tribute. Your little girl is getting so big! She's just adorable.