Friday, May 7, 2010

three








Yesterday I was walking around Target picking up birthday supplies and I glanced down into my cart and had to smile. Everything that I'd picked up screamed "three year old girl". A baby doll, new clothes, a princess book, a tea set, stickers, wrapping paper. Everything was pink. I was even standing in the baking isle looking for candles and spied a pink strawberry cake mix that was begging to jump into my cart and be part of a girly pink birthday party.

I love that her entire universe is made up of fluffy dresses, and tea parties, puppies and princesses. I love that she doesn't know much about the real world. She doesn't know anything about loneliness or pain and the scariest things she's encountered so far are bugs. I'm sure if you could peek into the world as Audrey sees it for just a moment, everything would be rose-colored and dancing and happy. And I intend to keep it that way for as long as I possibly can.

I don't know what I can say about this miracle, magical little girl on her birthday that wouldn't sound redundant after last year, except that she is, indeed, a miracle. I must say thank you yet again to her birth family. Thank you so much. The fact that she's my daughter astonishes and humbles me almost every day. She brings more happiness and laughter into our home than I even imagined, I'm so proud of her and I love her so much.


Happy Birthday Audrey!!

love, Mom

7 comments:

Vip said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUDREY! I love my little girl and what a wonderful age. She is so much fun right now and I love every minute. You are a wonderful mother. I love you both.

Rob and Ash said...

I love those chubby little cheeks in her 1 year old picture!! Happy Birthday Audrey!!!

Love,
Uncle "Roger" and Aunt Red

Anonymous said...

Becky! You made me cry with those pictures! How dare she grow up so fast? So glad Heavenly Father sent her to you and Justin. You're wonderful parents! :) Love, Mom in Wendell

SL&G said...

Happy Birthday Audrey! I wish my world was filled with dolls and pink stuff. Instead I get dirt, bugs, and all blue! Love You Audrey! hope its a great day!

caitlin said...

Such sweet words and pictures. You are so creative! I love how you designed the picture montage. Happy Mother's Day this weekend. I hope it's great.

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Audrey Mae!
Becky, we were so touched by your letter to Audrey for her birthday. She is truly a blessing to all of us, but Audrey is especially blessed to have you and Justin as parents. We are humbled and grateful to you for your wonderfuld parenting and outpouring of unabashed love for the little girl that will forever be in our hearts.

We love to read your blogs. But when we are done, there is always this quiet, serene spirit that is in the air. We are filled with joy and happiness for the life you both have given her, but our hearts feel a little heavy because we see what we are missing.

Happiest of days for all of you, and Happy Mothers Day Becky, you are the perfect mother. I admire and love you for all you do. I hope your results turn out well. We are thinking of all of you and will keep you in our prayers.

Love,
Marjie, Mandi, and Brooke
(The boys are camping)

Anonymous said...

Mandi says she can't wait to see the birthday cake you make this year! She remembers last years as being amazing!

Marjie