Tuesday, January 26, 2010

party time


For a month or so now our Presidency has been planning a teacher appreciation night for all of our Primary teachers that work so hard every Sunday to teach our 60+ kids. The whole night is top secret but since none of you are a teacher in our primary, I figured it was okay to let you in on what we have planned.

We decided to do a "Primary Music Awards" night, and set it up like the Oscars or the Golden Globes. We'll have a red carpet, each Presidency member will take turns mc'ing, we'll announce winners in each teacher category and then the teacher will come up to the front (while their favorite primary song is being played) and accept their award. (A mini Oscar trophy from Walmart)

I am so excited about this event and I have been put in charge of the refreshments. We wanted something that people haven't seen a million times before. I've decided on a dessert table ala Amy Atlas like this one:


or this one:


with lots of pretty trays of bite-sized deliciousness. We're definitely going with 'cake pops' (see tons more at Bakerella)


and then maybe some fruit pizza cookies:


or little golden cups of chocolate covered nuts:


maybe even some beautiful mini-cupcakes piled high with frosting and a cute colored dot on top like the ones from Sprinkles?


So, don't call me on Feb. 9th because I'll be busy in my tiny kitchen cranking out butter cream frosting and up to my elbows in sprinkles.

I'm so excited.

8 comments:

riosfamilyinc said...

This is going to be a blast for you. I can already tell. Good luck!

The Hardy Things in Life said...

Man all those goodies look SO GOOD! Yummy!! Good luck with it all!!

MaudieV said...

You are going to do amazing things!! They are lucky to have you in the presidency. Make sure you take pics.

Ariane said...

Those are great party ideas! Yes definitely post pictures of your fabulously delicious dessert table.

caitlin said...

All such good ideas. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Sounds like it will be a huge success!

Elizabeth said...

Oh good! I hope the stressfull times are over for a little while and you can just dig in and do what you do best and shine at this calling Mrs. Becky Home-ecky! :) Love you three and can't wait to see your results on this project! Enjoy!

Walt and Eileen said...

Love Elizabeth's "Mrs. Becky Home-ecky!" I know our daughters/ daughters-in-law who follow your blog will get some fun ideas.
You are so creative!
Love, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen - maybe under 6 weeks.

Angie said...

Can't wait to see pics from the event. Looks like fun.