In an effort to stretch our finances this Christmas we've decided to try to make a lot of our gifts this year. And so- I've made Audrey a dress.
Justin asked me if I knew what I was doing when I started cutting up one of his old dress shirts and I told him that no- I didn't- but I think it actually turned out okay. Just don't look too hard at the seams.
Now that I said that you looked didn't you? Well, cut me some slack, it was my very first sewing project.
I had to have Audrey try it on to make sure it fit right- hopefully she'll forget about it by Christmas. I think I'll try to make at least one more.
oh- and we got our Christmas cards delivered today. (to get 100 free Christmas cards of your own click here.) Here's a sneak peek at the picture we put on them:
Watch your mailboxes, they'll be coming soon!
10 comments:
Great job on the dress, and thanks for the tip about the cards. I saw a library book about making little girls dresses, skirts, and lots of other things out of old vintage pillow cases. They were so cute if you happened to have any of those lying around - you know the ones with the fun finished edges to use as hems?
I love the dress. Great job. We are also making Christmas gifts this year. It has been really fun!
Wow! You made that from one of Justin's dress shirts?!? Very impressive.
P.S. I haven't forgot about any of our peeps in Idaho!! I look at your blog quite frequently!
What can't you do? You're awesome!
She looks darling in it! And I did not look at the seams. I made Janie a red velvet Christmas jumper when she was 3 1/2. I had a 1 1/2 yr old and a new baby. When I sewed the zipper in upside down at 2a.m., that was it with my sewing.
You're doing great!
Love, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen - Argentina
You are awesome babe, you're the best wife in the whole world and I love you so much.
Wow, that dress is awesome! You're seriously talented. I couldn't do that.
That dress is adorable. I especially love the buttons up the back.
Um, have I mentioned I love you!!? Thanks for that Christmas Card link!
That is so sweet! Love the ribbon tie and flowers!
Post a Comment