my sister's wedding has been moved up from the end of December to this Friday. It worked out better with her and her fiance's school and work schedules and the upcoming holidays. It wasn't too big of a deal since she's keeping her wedding very small- just the ceremony and then a small luncheon afterward. I was put in charge of decorations for the luncheon and ran across this picture from Martha Stewart:

and then ran to the store and bought 30 pumpkins and tons of glitter and went a little crazy.

They'd be great fall decorations for your house. If you're interested in making your own (I know my sister in law is) all I used was elmer's glue and a paint brush. Paper plates worked well to catch the left-over glitter and when I was done I just bent the plates and funnelled the remaining glitter back into the jars. So easy. I do recommend the Martha Stewart glitter available at Michaels for it's pretty colors and gorgeous application. It covered the pumpkins really well. Oh, and drinking hot cocoa from a mug that your Mom gave you for Valentines Day when you were 6 certainly helps too.
6 comments:
They look great! Can't wait to see how they turn out as centerpieces!
I think you should check in to the idea of doing parties for a living. You would be great at it. Just advertise, and even if you only do a few a year you would have great fun.
They are beautiful! Wish we could come to the wedding and luncheon - it is mine and John's 10 year anniversary Friday so we are doing a little get away.
They will be the most gorgeous autumn wedding luncheon decorations of all time! We wish we could be there, too.
Love, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen - Argentina
Did you use plastic or real pumpkins??
Wow Becky, those tuned out great! I think we sould create a family business. I'll handle the business logistics and you and Lyric can do all the creative stuff.
Post a Comment