Saturday, November 7, 2009

goin to the temple and we're, gonna get married..

The last few days have been busy ones. I've spent this last week glittering pumpkins and hemming and ironing table cloths- finishing up the details for Beth's decorations. Wednesday night we packed everything up and got ready to drive the 5 hours to Idaho Falls.


I also stayed up late into the night working on my present for Beth. I found this post and decided to use the same idea of "something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue". A fun play on the old tradition. For the 'something old' Justin and I compiled a CD of old love songs, everything from Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole to Chicago and the Beatles.


I didn't get to attend Beth's bridal shower so I got her a pink nightgown for the 'something new'.



I figure there are lots of people who know a lot more than I do about marriage so I "borrowed" some of their advice for the 'something borrowed' and the 'something blue' was some yummy chocolate for the bride and groom.


I wrapped it all up with a card and we were ready to go.


Being in the temple with my little sister, my parents, my Grandma and other relatives was such a great experience for me. The wedding was beautiful and I was a blubbering sniffling mess.


Justin and Beth
(and me if you play a little 'where's Waldo' and look in the background)


Beth wanted any gathering for her wedding to be kept really simple so I fought all my large, frilly, over-the-top instincts and we limited the decorations to centerpieces for the tables.


The pumpkins turned out great. The pictures don't even do them justice, they were so sparkly.


The luncheon went great. My Mom pulled off a dinner of homemade chicken noodle soup, rolls, salad, apple cider and pumpkin and apple pie for 60 people without a hitch. She's amazing.


We had a great time eating my Mom's delicious food and visiting with family that we hadn't seen for a long time. And Audrey loved running around the church and playing with her cousins.


Congratulations Beth and Justin
and thanks for letting us be a part of your special day!

6 comments:

Ariane said...

I love the gift idea! Once again, the pumpkins are awesome. And your daughter is so cute. I especially like her outfit!

MaudieV said...

The tables did look great!! The temple is a great place for families. I'm glad you had a great experience.

Elizabeth said...

Thank you so much Bec, Justin and Audrey!! I REALLY loved the gift! Actually, it fits your personality and always quaint, precious things you come up with! I'm always amazed and in awe of your creative and special way of making everything simple yet elegant! I love you all!

Walt and Eileen said...

Congratulations to the bride & groom--now eternal sweethearts!
Janie told us how nice everything was and that the table decor was stunning! She and Shawn had a great time talking with everyone and catching up on our "Jane & Ray Petersen Family" ties. Wish we could have been there.
Love, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen - Argentina

Walt and Eileen said...

P.S. Also loved the "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" unique gift! Is there a photo with Mitch & Karen, and their kids with Elizabeth and Justin?
Janie also commented how delicious the soup and everything was...tell your Mom "she done good!"
Love again...Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen...we're off this afternoon to a mission health visit to Bahia Blanca. It was just decided yesterday. (Never a dull moment on missions!)

caitlin said...

Wow, so creative with those pumpkins, we tried glitterfying pumpkins a couple years ago and there was quite a mess, and they didn't look nearly as good as yours!