Friday, October 9, 2009

'cause life is short but sweet for certain


Let me set the scene for you: It's windy and cold outside. After dinner Justin mentions that oatmeal cookies sound good. I agree. Justin turns off the tv and sits down at the computer to read President Monson's message from Conference and work on his talk for Sunday. Audrey and I head to the kitchen and toss some butter and sugar in the mixer and start working. She's jabbering and jabbering and making me laugh and counting the eggs that we put in, "one, two, three, four, segen.." (we only put in two but she kept counting anyway) Finally Justin gives up on trying to focus on his talk and comes over to steal some cookie dough while Audrey and I are stirring in the chocolate chips and oatmeal. Justin turns on a Dave Matthews Band concert that we recorded off tv awhile ago and we listen to Dave sing 'two step' and dance in the kitchen while the cookies bake.

Did I make up this warm, fuzzy, too-good-to-be-true moment? Nope.

I really am this blessed.

4 comments:

riosfamilyinc said...

How awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Ariane said...

Mmmm! I want one of those cookies!!

caitlin said...

Love those moments. I catch them every once in a while and they make me realize how blessed I am. Loved President Monson's talk. Along with Hollands, and Uchtdorfs. (So not how you spell his name!)

Lauren said...

Can't go wrong with 'two step'