Our stake here in Nampa and the surrounding area owns 350 acres of orchards. They provide a lot of the fruit for the church's welfare system. This year alone they harvested over 300,000 pallets of peaches and sent them to Salt Lake. It's a great program and they rely heavily on the members here to keep it going. So last night, Justin and Audrey and I went and picked apples.
The orchards are just 20 minutes or so from our house and they're so beautiful.
It felt good to provide service for the church, especially since we feel like we've been on the receiving end of such service and blessings for a while now. It was good to give back. And we all had fun- especially Audrey.
It was a great way to welcome fall.
3 comments:
I want to put on a jacket and go pick apples in an orchard. Jealous!
Don't you love fall!! And all the apples. We have a couple of trees full of them and they look so cool I almost hate to pick them. Millie
Glad to see you back and blogging! I missed you!! Millie
What a beautiful evening. Reminds me of the Robert Frost poem.
Post a Comment