Wednesday, August 5, 2009

the future's not ours to see..


Audrey and I piled in the car with Justin this morning and headed to Weiser. In between stops at the office for Justin to return phone calls and e-mails, we were looking at houses. We climbed in and out, and in and out of the car and toured house after house and it was so hot that as soon as we got home I ran upstairs to get a washcloth and wipe the sweat and grime off my face. There's a lot of history there, we looked at four houses that had been built in 1908 or earlier with grand dark wood molding and beautiful claw foot tubs. One house is right on the river with french doors in every bedroom that look out onto the water and lead to a beautiful redwood deck. There's another house in the hills that has a big patio on the back and purple hydrangeas growing in the front yard. It was a nice day but one that presented us with even more decisions to make.

It's a great little town, I'm sure that I'll love it soon. Our tours took us past the schools where we'll be attending events so that Justin can write his sports articles. We'll need to invest in some red and white t-shirts to blend in. And everyone was friendly and interested. So many people that we introduced ourselves to said, "Of course! I read all about you in the paper."

I'm working on getting used to all this changing that's happening in our lives right now. Also working on getting used to delayed gratification, slower traffic, and unlocked doors. Figuring out (slowly) that it's not really up to me.

Feel like singing "que sera, sera, whatever will be, will be..."

5 comments:

Daniel and Dawn said...

Big changes......ahhhhh help us survive them right!! I will prayer for you to feel comfort in your changes and find joy in what seems so different than you expected!! Miss you guys, congradulations and best of luck to all three of you.

P.S.The houses sound fabulous!!

Walt and Eileen said...

Yes, Que Sera Sera. You will be helped to make the best choices for you and your family.
Love, Uncle Walt & Aunt Eileen - Argentina

SL&G said...

I hope you love it soon! The Lord has fun ways of getting us to where he wants us to be. And maybe Weiser isn't the final destination but it will be a fun stop on the way! Good Luck! Love you guys!

caitlin said...

Great attitude. Loved this post.

Hannah said...

Did you see the Bed and Breakfast for sale near the park by the swimming pool. That is what I would buy and run in Weiser if I was moving there!! It sounds like you looked at some nice places. And hey "Go Wolverines"!! Millie