Sunday, July 26, 2009

sorting it all out


These past few months have been hard.

Since Justin lost his job he's been on at least 20 interviews with almost as many companies. For the past two months he's been working with a business here in Boise selling online advertising but the money hasn't been good.

Now he has an offer from a very small newspaper in Weiser, Idaho. Weiser has a population of about 5,000 people and is an hour north west of Boise. They need someone with experience at a bigger newspaper to bring in a new attitude and new ideas for their marketing. The offer is good- really good. And so, Justin accepted it last week. He starts Monday and will be commuting there for the first little bit while we figure things out.

I don't want to move to Weiser. I've always said that I love small towns and want Audrey to have the same 'growing up in a small town experience' that I had. However, I have discovered that I really only love my small town that has my family and my church and my ward and the people and places there that I love. If I can't have that, I'd much rather stay in Boise.


But, this is the opportunity that has presented itself. There are a few more jobs that Justin's interviewed for here in Boise that we're waiting to hear from, and I'm hoping (oh so much hoping) that we get to stay here. If that's not what happens I will do a lot of praying and we'll make the most of this. I'm sure that if we end up moving that it will be what's best for us and that I'll eventually love it. I know that my Heavenly Father is looking out for me and my family.

But I'm still crossing my fingers for the job here in Boise.

4 comments:

The Hardy Things in Life said...

It's bitter sweet isn't it? Exciting that he has a new job, but moving? Sounds like things will turn out, and know matter what you will be together, and the Lord will do what is best for your family!! You guys are in our prayers!! By the way, I just love Weiser, my family goes there every year for the fiddle festival and we have a lot of friends from there!! It does have the small town feeling!! Good luck!

Rob and Ash said...

Everything will work out for the best. Even if you do move out to Weiser, Rob and i will still come and visit. Just have faith and trust in our Heavenly Father because only He knows what's best for your family. We love you!!

caitlin said...

That's tough. I am sorry you have to go through this. But I think you have a great attitude about it, and you're right, if it's meant to be, you will eventually love it. Good luck!

The Henriksons said...

Weiser is a great little town. There are 3 wards there so lots of members of the church. The commute should not be too bad for awhile and then maybe something else will present itself. Good luck!! Millie