Monday, July 6, 2009

Lessons learned this weekend

the problem with making your very favorite cake for your birthday is...that you eat it. All of it.

no sleep + cold medicine makes for a lousy primary lesson

I have a great husband who told me that no, he would not cut off my nose no matter how miserable I was feeling, but he would do the dishes since I was sick

Neil Diamond's "They're coming to America" never gets old

If Audrey wants to get out of her pajamas...

Audrey WILL get out of her pajamas.

fresh ripe cherries are delicious

sometimes a $100 weed-wacker that is broken can be fixed by
just getting that dead bee out of the exhaust

Audrey loves great big fireworks and bologna sandwiches

our country is great and we're so glad that we're Americans

2 comments:

caitlin said...

Totally agree! I think on your birthday you shouldn't be sick, and I think that calories don't count and you can eat whatever you please :)

The Henriksons said...

Hope you are feeling better!! Your cake looked delicious and if you can't eat all your cake when its your birthday when else can you? Millie